This report was informed by a two-day brain development collective wānanga which aimed to build awareness and understanding of mātauranga and tikanga Māori and Pacific world views of brain development and parenting and share best practice and evidence.
The report was developed by The Workshop and sets out a recommended pathway forward on narrative change. It includes:
- reflections from the wānanga, including current public narratives and mindsets around early brain development
- guiding principles for deepening understanding of the issue through more effective narratives
- suggested communications strategies
- potential next steps on creating narrative change
- summary notes of the day one discussion and presentations.
This report is a useful resource for knowledge holders, communicators, advocates, service providers and designers, as well as government and philanthropic funders.