Government has launched a programme of review across the education sector to improve equity and ensure no-one misses out. An immediate priority is on children and young people who need extra support in the education system.
Action focus areas
- Develop a Statement of National Education and Learning Priorities
- Address learners' needs by improving data quality, availability, timeliness and capability
- Reform home-based early childhood education and vocational education
- Equity Index to provide more equitable resourcing to schools and kura
- Improve learning support: Learning Support Action Plan
- Improve and accelerate education outcomes for Pacific learners
- Fees-Free Tertiary Education and Training
- New service to support transition out of care or youth justice settings
- Programmes for young people not in education, employment or training
Indicators for 'Outcome: Learning and developing'
Indicators are used to measure progress on outcomes - for this outcome, the indicators are:
- Early learning participation
- Regular school attendance
- Literacy, numeracy and science skills
- Social skills
- Self-management skills
- Youth in employment, education or training
You can learn more about these measures on the Indicators page.