We want to build cultural competency into the design and delivery of services, and promote a society where all children and young people feel accepted and included.
Action focus areas
- Government work programme to address racism and discrimination
- Restart Te Kotahitanga: supporting equitable outcomes for Māori learners
- Implement Maihi Karauna - the Crown’s Strategy for Māori Language Revitalisation
- Te Ahu o Te Reo Māori
- Action Plan for Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou
- Funding to support Pacific realm languages
- Implement initiatives under section 7AA of the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Initiatives to prevent and respond to bullying in schools
- Expand healthy relationship programmes in secondary schools
Indicators for 'Outcome: Accepted, respected and connected'
Indicators are used to measure progress on outcomes - for this outcome, the indicators are:
- Ability to be themselves
- Sense of belonging
- Experience of discrimination
- Experience of bullying
- Social support
- Support for cultural identity
You can learn more about these measures on the Indicators page.