Ensuring we love, care for and nurture all our children and young people throughout their lives is the most important task we have.
The Strategy is our collective call to action. It sets the direction for short and longer-term government policy and action. It includes an aspirational vision, nine principles to guide the way we work, and six interconnected wellbeing outcomes.
The purpose of the Strategy is to:
- set out a framework to improve child and youth wellbeing that can be used by anyone
- drive Government policy in a unified and holistic way
- outline policies the Government intends to implement
- harness public support and community action
- increase political and public sector accountability for improving wellbeing
- improve wellbeing outcomes for Māori children and young people.
Aligning government actions with the supportive actions of communities has the potential to create the transformative change needed to achieve our vision.