We are prioritising work to improve youth mental wellbeing, the maternity system, and support in the early years.
Action focus areas
- Redesign maternity services through the five-year Maternity Whole of System Action Plan
- Review of the Well Child Tamariki Ora programme
- Intensive parenting support: expanding the Pregnancy and Parenting Service
- Healthy Active Learning programme
- Extend and enhance nurses in secondary schools (School-Based Health Services)
- Delivery of Strategy for Women and Girls in Sport and Active Recreation
- Creatives in Schools programme
- Expand access and choice of primary mental health and addiction support
- Improve forensic mental health services for young people
- Develop a suicide prevention strategy
- Promote wellbeing in primary and intermediate schools.
Indicators for 'Outcome: Happy and healthy'
Indicators are used to measure progress on outcomes - for this outcome, the indicators are:
- Prenatal care
- Prenatal exposure to toxins
- Subjective health status
- Preventable admissions to hospital
- Mental wellbeing
- Self-harm and suicide
You can learn more about these measures on the Indicators page.